Saturday 13 October 2012

Funny Christmas Gifts!

So, with 72 days left until Christmas, I am going to share a couple of stories about my most funny Christmas gifts!!!

The first Christmas my husband and I were together, my mother-in-law gave me a beautiful and snuggly pink sweater! I really liked it and thanked her very much for it. It was one of my more favourite sweaters and I wore it quite often... so comfy and warm! The year came and went by and the following Christmas arrived!  We exchanged gifts with my in laws and I was opening a particular gift.... I removed the wrapping paper and it was a clothing box!! Yippee... clothes!!! Much to my surprise when I opened it up, there it was... a pink snuggly sweater! The EXACT sweater I received from her the previous year!!! And once I had opened it, my mother-in-law asked me... "Can I ask you a question?" and I replied "Yes"... "Did I get you that same sweater last year?"...and I replied, "um, yes... you did.... I love this sweater though!!" That sweater is a recurring laugh in the family... each year, there is huge potential for me to get a pink snuggly sweater!!! Not that I mind... it's a gorgeous sweater!!!!!!

When I was younger, Christmas was super exciting in my house... we sisters would sleep in the same room anxiously awaiting Christmas morning! My Dad would come in between 5:30a.m. and 6:00a.m. to wake us up and we would rush upstairs to see what was under the tree from Santa Claus! This Christmas, I was probably 6 or 7, there was a huge box waiting for me. My parents excitingly urged me to open it and when i did... I looked inside and saw white fleece! A FUR COAT I exclaimed!!!! My parents began giggling at me... laughing so much that tears were in their eyes. My Dad helped me remove my "fur coat" from the box and guess what... it was a white bean bag chair!! Boy, was I wrong!!! This one is a huge joke in my family... my Mom still talks about it!!!

Now, I've told you a couple of funny Christmas gift stories... what are yours?? Please share!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment