Sunday 14 October 2012

71 days left!

With 71 days left, I thought I'd start a list of children's Christmas books for December. This Christmas is a big one in our little family, I had my daughter two weeks before Christmas last year and Christmas was quite a busy one in my house!! So, this year is the year we begin new traditions with my little one and one of those will be reading Christmas books through the month of December!! The list today will consist of five titles and I will post more closer to Christmastime!

Here we go!

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Dr. Seuss
Who doesn't love the Grinch? Or, Dr. Seuss in general! Now that I'm a Mommy, I realize how tongue tied you can get reading Seuss books, but they are so great!

2.Madeline's Christmas - Ludwig Bemelmans
A favourite from my childhood... I bet if I searched my old room at my Mum and Dad's, I would find my copy!

3. The Night Before Christmas - Clement C. Moore and Cheryl Harness
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without reading this one!

4. The Muppets: The Twelve Days of a Muppet Christmas: And a Chicken in a Pine Tree - Martha T. Ottersley
This one hasn't been released yet (release date of October 16/12), yet I know it will be a favourite in my house. My husband loves the Muppets!

5. The Polar Express - Chris Van Allsburg
I haven't read this one yet, but Angela loves this book. I am eager to read it as I know it will be a great one!

I hope this encourages all of you to begin a reading tradition for the month of December with your children... and helps you start your list too!!! If you have any suggestions for me, please share! I love to hear your recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment